Attorney John Horn is a shareholder and co-founder of Horn & Johnsen SC. John earned a doctorate of law and is a highly experienced attorney in his 25th year at the Wisconsin Bar. He has assisted thousands of families in Estate Planning, Business and Real Estate law.
In many instances, John can provide you, over the telephone, with a quick outline of the law suited to your situation. Moreover, John provides initial consultations at no charge and in person.
John graduated from the University of Wisconsin Law School in 1991. Thereafter, he served a two-year tenure on the judicial bench as a court commissioner for Marathon County, Wisconsin under the direction of (now) Supreme Court Justice Ann Walsh Bradley. In 1993, John began private practice in Madison, Wisconsin. His Clientele includes many prominent persons and businesses. John is a frequent speaker at estate planning workshops throughout Southern Wisconsin.
John enjoys back-country and mountain hiking. He shares his home with a German Sheppard Dog. Above all, he is thankful for his lovely wife and daughter.
Areas of Practice:
- Trust and Will-Based Estate Planning
- Medicaid Asset Protection Trust planning and other Complex Trusts, including Special Needs Trusts, Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts, etc.
- Estate Settlement and Guardianship
- Business Succession Planning
- Business Transactions (e.g. buy, sell, merge) and Business Start-up
“Success in Planning and Protection”
Honors, Membership and Community Service
- Madison Estate Planning Council – legal & financial advisors coordinating client care
- State Bar of Wisconsin – expert advisers serving you
- Probate and Trust Law State Bar Sections – Wisconsin attorneys devoted to estate planning, administration and the protection of our elders as well as their survivors
- Business Law State Bar Section – Wisconsin attorneys helping our local businesses
- Middleton Chamber of Commerce – promoting economy & quality of life
- WealthCounsel, LLC – a national consortium of estate planning experts
- Wisconsin Forum — a Wisconsin research and study group of estate planning experts
- NAEPC — a national consortium of estate planning experts
- Kanopy Dance Company—a non-profit performing arts group. Board of Directors & Legal Advisor.